You are here: Home Current Students Graduate-Specific Information Financial Assistance for Graduates

Financial Assistance for Graduates

There are various sources of financial support for graduates from both the University and the College. The College Officers that you can approach for advice are the Senior Tutor, Bursar, and the Welfare and Disability Officer.

University Financial Advice

The University's advice on financial matters can be found here, (  In addition to information on scholarships, loans and sources of employment, this website details sources of hardship funding. These include:

You should be aware that these funds have deadlines for applications.

College Financial Assistance

Details on the financial support available to all students, graduates and undergraduates, are available here.

College Graduate Study Support Fund

The College has a modest fund available to assist graduate students with their academic studies.  Students may apply for assistance for course-related equipment, fieldwork costs, attendance at relevant conferences (especially if a paper or poster is being presented), and visits to libraries or archives outside Oxford.  Applications should be sent with a letter of support from the student’s Supervisor or College Adviser.  Students will be expected to apply to parallel sources of funding, for instance from Divisions, Faculties, Departments, and from Research Council funds.

Applications for grants from the Fund may be made at any time (application form linked here), but must be made in advance; grants will not normally be awarded retrospectively.  The maximum sum awarded to any student will not normally exceed £350 in any academic year.  If you are in doubt about whether an application is appropriate, or the terms on which it should be made, please consult the Tutor for Graduates.

Employment Opportunities

It is possible to combine graduate study with paid employment, although the University has guidelines on undertaking paid work  while on course.  Among the opportunities available are departmental lectureships, junior dean positions, research assistantships and college lecturer positions.

Keble employs a small number of graduates from time to time, usually on a temporary basis. Among the opportunities are:

  • College Lectureships to assist tutorial and class teaching of college undergraduates (these are not advertised but appointed following the recommendation of Tutorial Fellows in their subject)
  • Examination invigilators, for college examinations and University examinations held in college
  • Tutors on access schemes, notably the College's curriculum enrichment scheme for schools in the Birmingham region

Keep an eye out for emails seeking graduates for such employment.