Getting ready for exams
Examinations are an unavoidable part of student life, but there are lots of things you can do to make them manageable. Remember that exams are NOT a way of justifying your existence to yourself, your family, or the world in general. Nor are they the most important thing you will do in life. Rather exams provide an opportunity for you to show what you know to the best advantage and for employers to see that you’ve done some work and can demonstrate what you know. Treat exams as a job to be done; do not ignore them or allow yourself to become overwhelmed by them. The key to minimising exam stress is good preparation.
There are lots of resources available to help you with the process, including the following.
The University Student Handbook 2015/2016
The ‘Blue Book’ containing key information on examinations
The University Examination Regulations
The ‘grey book’ with details of every course; this is a searchable site
University webpage on Examination and Assessments, including:
- University guidance on Revision and Examinations
- Mock examinations and examination preparation sessions held in Examination Schools It’s a good idea to at least go to the building where your exams are or even sit a mock exam there. You can book from sessions this site, including sessions on alternative exam arrangements, e.g. for those with extra time
Examination and preparation workshop run by Counselling Service
You can book from this site
Counselling service podcasts, including:
- Exam Preparation and Revision 1: getting into the right mindset
- Exam Preparation and Revision 2: planning and revision
- Exam Preparation and Revision 3: before, during and after the examinations
A NEW resource on exam panic
Advice on plagiarism
Lost Bod Card Order new one from here
Keble Guide for Students taking Exams, a pdf booklet
For contact in event of exam-related emergency, 8am-6pm weekdays. Tel (2)72711
Jericho Health Centre tel 01865 429993
Ask the Lodge (72727) which Junior Dean is on duty: Luke Martin, Tom Rawlinson or Rachel Robinson.