For Students For Staff

Current Students


Sometimes it’s hard to find what you’re looking for among all of the information that’s out there. Here are answers to the questions we get asked the most. Still at a loss? Contact us at

What do I do if I lose my Bod card?

If your card is lost go online at A replacement costs £15. If it has been stolen you’ll need to get the Police Crime Number and then go to the College Office, who can order a new one (free of charge).  To replace a worn-out card also go to the College Office, who will order a new one free of charge. You will have to hand the old one in. Replacements take up to three working days and you can pick them up from the College Office.

What are the opening hours for offices?

Accounts/Bursary (P1): 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon on normal working days

College Office (P2): 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m on normal working days

IT office (Lodgings basement): open during normal office hours, but dedicated student surgery times are 2.30 p.m. – 3.30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday during term and students may be asked to return during those times if the IT staff are already busy.

What if my Wi-Fi doesn’t work?

We have put together a WiFi troubleshooting guide.

How do I print out an Enrolment Certificate for a Bank, Council Tax, etc.?

You can print out an enrolment certificate by visiting the Student Self Service site. Once you have logged in, you will have an option to print your enrolment certificate. Please make sure that all information is correct and then bring it to the College Office to be stamped with the official College stamp.

What are the dates of term?

Can I arrive late or leave early?

Yes, but only with prior permission. If you want to ‘come into residence’ late or to ‘go out of residence early’, you must apply in good time to your Director of Studies, who will forward the application with their recommendations to the Warden.

How do I apply for vacation residence?

Application forms for undergraduates to remain in College accommodation during the vacations are issued in 4th Week and must be submitted by Wednesday of 6th Week. Applications to return early during the Long vacation will be considered at a date to be advertised during Trinity Term. College is not obliged to offer accommodation outside the dates of your accommodation licence agreement unless it is for academic purposes such as examinations; request may also be considered for lab work, extra tutorials, or ‘Blues’ sporting events (in 9th Week). However each application will be considered individually. All applications will be answered by 7th Week. Accommodation offered in vacation may not be your term time room.

Overseas students unable to return home during the vacation should make an appointment to see the Accommodation Manager in 4th Week (once they receive their vacation residence form) to discuss their situation. Although accommodation in College cannot be guaranteed every effort will be made to help with housing.

Publicly-funded non-finalists who are required to stay up outside normal term dates in order to sit University examinations or to undertake extra tutorial work on a tutor’s recommendation (for example, to make up work missed through illness) shall, if living in College accommodation, not be charged rent for those additional days. Self-funded students will be charged for their accommodation at the normal accommodation rate. An undergraduate student may apply to stay up after the end of term to carry out coursework certified as essential by his or her tutor (for example, project or research work); these students and those staying to participate in a ‘Blues’ sporting event will be charged for their accommodation at the normal rate, but may be able to apply for assistance with these costs (through the College or Keble Association administered funds).

Who is my College Advisor?

Each graduate has a college advisor.  If you are not sure who it is ask at the College Office. Remember that the Senior Tutor is also Tutor for Graduates and may be able to help you.

Can I change my College Advisor?

Yes, but please raise this with the Senior Tutor first.


Who is my Director of Studies?

Each undergraduate has a Director of Studies, normally one of the tutors in their subject. They are the one responsible for organising your overall teaching and taking care of your subject’s administrative arrangements. For example, they organise college examinations. In some subjects tutors rotate this role year by year and in others they share it.  You should be told at the start of the academic year who your DoS is, but if you’ve forgotten or are not sure ask the College Office.

Who is my Alternative Personal Tutor?

Your Alternative Personal Tutor is someone who you can talk to in confidence about any issues, academic or personal, that you don’t want to raise with your Director of Studies. You will have been told who your APT is at the start of the year, but if you’ve forgotten ask at the College Office.

Can I change subjects?

It is possible in theory to change undergraduate degree subjects, but it is not encouraged and it does not happen frequently. The procedure for seeking permission to do so is in the College Handbook Part G – College and University Policies and Codes of Practice.​

How do I find my examination number?

Go to the student self service gateway and sign in.​

What do I do if I cannot attend college examinations?

​Tell your Director of Studies right away and copy to the College Office. Absence for good medical reasons (supported by evidence) or for unavoidable commitments (cleared with your DoS well in advance) can be accepted. If you are absent without explanation or authorisation, you will be required to take the examination(s) at a later sitting and you may also face academic discipline.​

What if I feel ill before a University exam?

If you feel ill before a University exam, please contact the College Nurse or Doctor as appropriate and then the College Office. They can advise you on the best course of action.

Can I get a letter in support of a visa application?

Yes, ask at the College Office​.

How do I get a confirmation of status letter?

Ask at the College Office​.

Is it ok to play music in my room?

​Information on music regulations and practice facilities is in the College Handbook (Part D College Accommodation and facilities D.21). The main points are: a) you can play musical instruments in your room Monday to Friday from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 9.30 a.m. to 11 p.m.; b) audio-equipment may be used at any time if it is not audible outside the room in which it is used. It may not at any time be used out of doors within the College precincts.

What can I do about noise in my College room?

If you are being disturbed by your neighbours, then you should contact the Porters Lodge without delay. If the disturbance is at night, they will arrange for the duty Junior Dean to address the source of the problem.

If you have any other concerns about noise which cannot be addressed through your Scout or the Porters’ Lodge – for example for ongoing issue –  you should contact the Accommodation Manager or, if you think it is a matter of student behaviour, the Dean. Where the concern is a more general one about the College’s policies, it may be more appropriate to involve the JCR or MCR Committee and to raise it with the Domestic Bursar.